Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Reflection on registry.

So it turns out the blissful thought of registering for whatever we want is not as simple as I thought. Is it too expensive? Will people think we are snobs? What if no one buys us this? All these questions add stress to the joy of scanning different kitchen accessorizes, bedding, cups, flatware and on the lists goes. However there has been a good realization; I am becoming an adult...

How can this be happening? I am walking around Crate & Barrel choosing what I think David and I will use in our home. This is a surreal realization. I am going to become the "woman of the house." I feel as though the past twenty-one years of my life have flown by and in the blink of an eye I am planning my wedding. This is an event I have dreamed of for years, and now it's become a reality. There is no hesitation in the thought of spending my life with David, just in the fact that on my own I am going to be an adult, accountable to God, my husband and myself.

3 comments:

  1. Just a tip, don't cheap out on your kitchenware! I made that mistake when we got married and now all of it is replaced with stuff that actually cooks well and lasts. If you plan on cooking meals regularly than don't be afraid to ask for the good stuff :)

    On another note, I got married at 20 and it's absolutely crazy to transition to the role of a wife. I'm so excited for you though...I know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you for the tip. Do you have suggestions of brand names? We were looking at Cuisnart. I think I spelled that wrong.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete